Here we are providing you I.C. ENGINES MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER. This is useful for GATE exam and also useful for all technical related government EXAM. You may download this below the post.
An internal combustion engine (ICE) is a heat engine where the combustion of a fuel occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) in a combustion chamber that is an integral part of the working fluid flow circuit.
1. Compression loss in I.C engines occurs duto
(a) leaking piston rings
(b) use of thick head gasket
(c) clogged air-inlet slots
(d) increase in clearance volume caused b bearing-bushing wear
(e) all of the above.
2. The specific fuel consumption per BH hour for a petrol engine is approximately
(a) 0.15 kg
(b) 0.2 kg
(c) 0.25 kg
(e) 0.35 kg.
3. The air requirement of a petrol engine during starting compared to theoretical airequired for complete combustion is
(d) may be more or less depending on engine capacity
4. The inlet value of a four stroke cycle I.C engine remains open for nearly
5. Which of the following is not an interns combustion engine
(a) 2-stroke petrol engine
(b) 4-stroke petrol engine
(c) diesel engine
(d) gas turbine
(e) steam turbine.
6. Pick up the false statement
(a) Thermal efficiency of diesel engine i about 34%
(b) Theoretically correct mixture of air am petrol is approximately 15 : 1
(c) High speed compression engines operate on dual combustion cycle
(d) Diesel engines are compression ignition engines
(e) S.I. engines are quality-governed engines.
7. If one cylinder of a diesel engine receives more fuel than the others, then for that cylinder the
(a) exhaust will be smoky
(b) piston rings would stick into piston grooves
(c) exhaust temperature will be high
(d) engine starts overheating
(e) scavenging occurs.
8. The output of a diesel engine can be increased without increasing the engine revolution or size in following way
(a) feeding more fuel
(b) increasing flywheel size
(c) heating incoming air
9. It the temperature of intake air in IC engines is lowered, then its efficiency will
(c) remain same
(d) increase upto certain limit and then decrease
(e) decrease upto certain limit and then in-crease.
10. In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine
(a) compression starts at 35° after bottom dead center and ends at top dead center
(b) compression starts at bottom dead center and ends at top dead center
(c) compression starts at 10° before bottom dead center and, ends just before top dead center
(d) may start and end anywhere
(e) none of the above.
NOTE:– If anyone have any questions or problems about this post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . jigssolanki.in taken this file from social media or other Internet websites.